Once, while speaking in one of the forums, I was asked: “Does Non-Poaching agreement with recruitment consultants, work?” I asked him back, if he were to sign one, would he adhere to it and respect it? With a hesitant thought, and to be seen as politically right, he said he would. So ‘there was the answer’, I remarked.

He didn’t leave it there. He quipped: “But is it practical? Is it feasible?” I responded: “If, like you, everybody respects, not just the letter but the spirit of the agreement, it’s feasible!” “Hmm...” he muttered, penchantly.

 Few years ago, my boss, the CEO, directed me to speak with the HR Head of our competitor company asking me to tell him, “not to Poach from our organization”. I wasn’t convinced, but since the direction turned to dictatorial flaps, I hesitatingly called up the HR Head and requested him accordingly. Short of telling me “go climb a tree” he was polite. Following our friendly conversation, he summarized our telecon saying, “this is a fair world, let people choose”. That was exactly my conviction and the reason for my initial hesitation in not speaking with the HR Head!

So what if employees are Poached? It’s a fair world, let every person decide. You can still seal your insecurities with the agreement route. Coin is the same. Toss it either way. Employees will still leave!


Comments

  1. common sense approach which puts the power where it really is..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice article. Everybody has the right to choose employment.

      Delete
  2. Right sir coin has two sides may be the one side doesn't know the other side 🀞🀞🀞but according to my recent experience this world is definitely not the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If an HR head does not poach directly, it can be done through a Recruitment Agency. So, basically, like in any other commodity, the Supply & Demand theory will work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Current situation exact on words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You are a Mumbaikar if: